Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Well, here goes some more prognistication...

First my votes...

I'll be voting for Webb. This is more of an anti-Allen vote than anything(macaca was overblown, what was overlooked was the bill where he stole the text and replaced "will" with "shall").

Amendment 1 - A hearty no.
Amendment 2 - Sure, why not?
Amendment 3 - A hearty yes.

House of Reps - A protest vote for Brad Blanton (even though he's saying 'Don't vote for me')

Richmond City Council - Paul Goldman. There's a major rift between him and Wilder, and I'm all for annoying Wilder.

Now for my predictions... A recount, with Webb pulling it off. He's got too much momentum going on. Gail Parker pulls in an important .8 - 1.2%.

Amendments go yes, yes, yes.

No great changes in the House of Reps in VA. Drake beats a very bad candidate in Kellam. Obviously, Dems take control of the House convincingly. At least 3 republicans then switch over on Wednesday for key positions.

In the Senate, I'm predicting a 50-49-1, and the beginning of more Supreme Court battles and general gridlock.

This is a time of great change in our country, and I'm looking forward to some of it. One just hopes the Democrats see the greater good ahead in '08 and don't try to take their agenda too far left.

Despite what most partisans will say, this wants to be a very moderate nation. The voters will reward the party that drifts to the middle, and right now that's the Donkeys. Of course, drifts to the middle are usually done by neccessity.

Remember... vote early and often! (oops, I was channeling LBJ for a second...)

Comments:
I am eager to read your analysis of the Webb victory and hope you will post it soon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?